Pagine

Saturday 11 October 2014

Superman vs Hulk - The Fight - [Michael Habjan]

Source: Michael Habjan youtube channel

Superman finds Hulk somewhere in the Mojave Desert. This is a prelude to a fight sequence in progress and will be posted some time in the future. Animation by Michael Habjan, created with Autodesk Maya 2009, composited and edited in Adobe After Effects CS3. Music done with Propellerhead Reason 5.


This is a continuation of the Intro scene I made. Hulk and Superman are in the desert and the fight begins. This is a work in progress and there is more battle scenes to come, this is just the first part. There will probably be two or three sequences to follow this, but I'm doing it in parts because it takes forever to get it done and I want share as it's being completed. I'm open to suggestions and ideas from anyone, so let me know what you'd like to see in fight scenes to come. When all the scenes are done I plan to combine them together into one epic fight. 


This is the second part to my ongoing animation project, a tribute project to Superman and The Incredible Hulk. As you'll notice, the models and overall look has evolved and will continue to do so in future sequences. I'm already working on a new look for the Hulk on the next one. I got professional help this time in the music and sound design department, provided by the talented Francois Gratecap, which has made the whole project that much better. So my thanks to him. 
Disclaimer : This is not affiliated with Marvel or DC and is just my interpretation on how a fight between these two fictional characters could potentially go down. I'm not basing it on any previous materials such as the comics in which they appear. In this, their powers are not infinite as may have been depicted before. Also, I consider this a work in progress experiment, I'm learning animation as I go so this is far from a polished and finished piece. I welcome all comments but please keep that in mind when commenting.


This is the third part of my animated Superman and Hulk fight. This project is something I work on from home as an independent project and is not affiliated with any company. It took about nineteen months to finish, starting in May 2012. Other than a few weeks I took off for traveling followed by a couple weeks of technical problems (computer died) I worked on this pretty much full time. About five months in to this I had a hard drive malfunction almost losing months of work, but luckily salvaged a lot of the work from crash files saved on my other hard drive.

Even without the delays, this project took way longer than the others and way longer than I ever thought it would. Partially due to the added complexity of higher detail models and environment interaction, as well as the longer running time, way more action to animate, way more scene interactivity, and 1080 HD resolution, which of course renders slower than the 720 HD I had been doing till now. The higher resolution also means mistakes and shoddy work are more visible, so more time is needed to pay attention to details and massage out the render glitches till it's right. 




No comments: